vrijdag 28 maart 2008

How I got into the Step satellites to the EPT-event of San Remo

How I got there?

Well, my friend Pablito_2121 suggested me a couple of month ago:
Pablito:"Hey, I want to play in an EPT-event someday, what you say we attempt to qualify for one.”
Me: “What the hell? Why not, chances of getting there are zero, so let’s have some fun and just play some steps!”


So this is where it begun. We both started to play steps, starting from step 2. I wasn’t planning in investing much, but I was a bit bored of playing sit and go’s and cashgames without a challenge.


I consider myself not as a very good poker player. I look up to people like Lilholdem, WestMenlo,… Online ultrasharks who have won like millions.
From my side, I’ve won the Sunday Warm-up, which was a total surprise.
I am still convinced that I belong to 95% of online poker players. So I don’t really play high stakes, I’m not planning on going professional, It isn’t about the absolute moneymaking. I’m just enjoying playing poker and I’m aware of the fact that there are much better players and I still need a lot to learn.

So I played like 10 times step 2 to build up some tickets to higher steps. I didn’t really had a strategical plan. If I won a ticket for step 3, I played a step 3, And so on…
To my big surprise I had quickly a step 5 ticket. I still had some step 2 tickets and one step 3 ticket. At that time my man Pablito_2121 didn’t get much further then step 3.

Geen opmerkingen: